Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love, Splat!

Who doesn't love Splat!  I read Love, Splat to my three and four year old classes this Thursday and Friday, even though it was after Valentine's Day.  Then we made Splat the cat, another great activity from Reagan at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits.  I had wanted to do this around Christmas with Merry Christmas, Splat, since it's actually from Reagan's Christmas Pack, but I didn't get to it.  As you can see though, this craft can be adjusted easily to go with any Splat book. (Instead of having Splat hold holly, he is holding a little red Valentine, just like in the book...  Splat gives Kitty (his crush) a little red Valentine's card).  :-)




For this craft, I had all of the pieces precut and ready, except for the heart.  As you can see above, my threes and fours had to cut it out on their own.  They are doing great with scissors.  

Here's something we did for morning work this week:


This free template is available here from DLTK.  What I love about these bingo dauber pages is that they are great for sight word practice.  Simply fill in the circles with sight words that you've recently introduced or need reviewed and assign each a color.  These could also be used for numbers, letters, letters vs. words, shapes vs. numbers, even addition!  There are so many possibilities!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I am so excited that you used Splat holding a Valentine! :) Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! They are doing a great job with those hearts! Nice work Mrs. Russell! :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete